Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Tortellini Soup with Garlic Bread















My friend, Luanne, printed this recipe and kindly gave me a copy. I adjusted a couple things (listed below) The original recipe can be found here: http://www.fox8.com/lifestyle/thatslife/wjw-chicken-tortellini-soup-recipe,0,4217888.story.

Since I pulled chicken out of the freezer to make today, I figured something different would be nice.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings

You will need:

2 (48 oz) chicken broth
1 (16 oz) cheese tortellini (frozen)
6 oz. baby leaf spinach, (a small bunch will do)(fresh)
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cooked whole chicken, skinned and deboned (or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
4-5 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

IN a large stockpot over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, celery and carrots (in that order). Saute for three (3) minutes then add the broth and bring to a soft boil.

ADD cooked chicken and frozen tortellini and cook for 5-10 minutes.

ADD spinach and butter.

SERVE with garlic bread (optional).

NOTE: I used boneless, skinless chicken seasoned with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper and it was cut into chunks. I also added freshly grated parmesan cheese to each serving. It really tastes great!!

No comments: