Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread (Monkey Bread)

My husband this morning was talking about this. He said he went to the store and saw the pull-apart pepperoni bread, but couldn't find the cinnamon kind. And, since he is a serious lover of cinnamon, any chance I get to make him something with cinnamon in it is a good thing. So, I searched and found this recipe. It was really easy to make and the only things I had to buy were the biscuits and eggs (but I needed the eggs anyway since I am making chicken paprikas tonight for dinner.

As you can see, as soon as I put it on the plate, someone stole a chunk!

from: www.pillsbury.com; here is their direct link: http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=45473

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

HEAT oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a fluted bunt pan.

IN a large resealable plastic bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

SEPARATE dough and cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan.

MIX brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

BAKE 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.

COOL in pan for 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto a serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

Note: I greased my pan more than lightly, since I sometimes don't grease it enough. And, I used 2 tsp. of cinnamon (since my husband loves it), and I used a plastic container to shake the dough pieces in.

No comments: